Call (248) 363-8500
Tree Trimming Service in Commerce, Michigan
There are several reasons to trim and prune your trees. Quinlan Tree Service keeps your trees in excellent shape. With our knowledge and equipment, we can prune your trees to maintain their appearance and health and to eliminate potentially dangerous dead branches and other common issues.
Quinlan Tree Service has been serving Commerce since 1969 and we provide the best tree care services Oakland County has to offer. Our experienced, friendly and professional staff, will provide clean, safe and the right service you need.
Some of the Reasons to Trim or Prune a Trees
Trees are generally trimmed for one of three purposes: aesthetics, safety or health. For example:
- Aesthetics – Pruning a tree effectively helps to maintain its shape and appearance. However, you shouldn’t try to impose an unnatural shape or size on a tree. Too much trimming and pruning could seriously damage your trees.
- Safety – Dead or broken branches and limbs can fall off at any time, which is a serious safety hazard. If the branches of a tree obstruct your vision while driving, they should be trimmed away. Finally, tree limbs and branches occasionally grow too close to utility lines, home or other property. Look up and look around. Do you see any branches or limbs that need to be trimmed?
- Health – It is sometimes possible to save an infected tree by strategically pruning away affected branches and limbs. Thinning the crown of a tree improves airflow, which can be very beneficial. If branches are crossing or rubbing together, they should be trimmed, or removed so that they don’t fall unexpectedly.
There are 3 main types of tree trimming.
Quinlan Tree Service will give you the best advice, if you’re planning tree trimming of your trees. Tree care and maintenance techniques, vary based on the type of tree, location and the end result you want to achieve.
If you need to thin the crown of a tree, you should keep the following things in mind:
- Keep lateral branches as evenly spaced as possible, especially on young trees.
- Prune away branches that cross other branches or run against them.
- Never remove more than one-fourth of a living crown at once. If you need to remove more than that, spread it out over a number of years.
To provide clearance for pedestrians and for other reasons, you can raise the crown by carefully pruning the tree. Maintain live branches on at least two-thirds of a tree’s height. If you remove too many branches near the bottom half, the tree may not be able to develop a strong stem if the tree is young.
If you need to remove more than half of the foliage from a branch, just remove the whole branch.
Only reduce the crown of a tree if it’s really necessary. Prune lateral branches that are at least one-third of the diameter of the stem that needs to be removed.
How Much Does Tree Trimming Cost?
If you want to keep your landscaping attractive, you should consider having your trees trimmed and pruned. Tree trimming or pruning helps remove dead or broken limbs and helps keep your tree healthy. The cost of tree trimming depends on a variety of factors, but is best to hire a professional. They will know what limbs to remove and which ones to leave so your tree will be safe, healthy and looking good. Tree trimming prices can be as low as $300 and up.
Call Quinlan Tree Service to get your FREE estimate or fill out the form to get your quote. Lisa our office manager will be glad to schedule an appointment for Shane to come out and look at your tree care needs. Before you hang up the phone, you will have a guaranteed scheduled appointment. We respect your time.